grand damper problem

ed440 at mindspring.com ed440 at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 21 11:02:40 MST 2007

John-

You've had lots of advice.
My comment is that this is a situation when you need to know when to say "I'd better stop here."  If you know how to pull (and replace) a grand action, go ahead and take a look.  If there's a paper clip stuck between the flanges, pull it out gently and be a hero.
Remember that whatever parts you remove need to go back.  Removing and replacing a grand damper system is not beginner's level work.
You can always take a look, go home and research, ask again on this list.
Ultimately you need colleagues.  I'm yet to learn of a "solo" technician who has the range and level of skills of technicians who share ideas with other technicians.

Ed Sutton