thanks, guys

John Cole johnspianotech at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 21 15:41:54 MST 2007

First, thanks to everyone for the feedback. As to the mentor question, I'd
love to have one, but haven't made the personal (face to face) contacts yet.
I've talked on the phone with 3 Arkansas PTG members, including the
president. Most of the membership is in northwest or north central (almost
Missouri) away from where I am. PTG has sent me the info on joining and I'm
looking it over. I plan on joining, just haven't taken action yet. There is
one member that is driving distance away from me. I haven't met her, but the
president told me she tunes on the weekends and is a full time nurse.
I told the customer when I was at her house last that I would study, ask
advice from experienced techs, and when I have a few possible diagnoses and
the knowledge of how to fix them I would return. She was happy to let me
have the learning experience and told me to study up and get back with her.
I have read the sections in Reblitz on how to remove the grand action. I
even found a web site (stevespianoservice.com) where he recommends using
posterboard to keep the hammers from catching on the pin block. One common
denominator is everyone tells me to be careful. Thanks.
I also have some of the diagrams and specs for different pianos with my
Potter course. I have been looking at them and also saw where Renner's web
site has a virtual action model. I've been looking at it to see an action in
motion.
Since you know I'm just a student right now, you can probably guess that
right now this activity is not feeding my family. I am an elementary music
teacher by day and a part-time music minister on the weekends. Thanks again.

John Cole
Clinton, AR