Below beam humidifier installation

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Wed Feb 21 16:01:27 MST 2007

Hi all,

Gosh, this is Dampp-Chaser month for me...

Today I serviced a Steinway B that had the DC humidifiers (2) hanging below, and I mean <below> the beams.  There were rectangular pieces of plywood attached to the beams and the humidifiers hung below those with the usual baffle between the humidifier and plywood.

Why would this have been done?

Since these folks don't usually use air conditioning (and it can get mighty humid here), I would like to get those buckets up into the piano and install an undercover, etc.

Thanks so much.

Barbara Richmond, RPT