applying teflon powder

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 22 14:58:52 MST 2007

Avery,
Given a temperature well in excess of 500 F. Teflon will break down
into constituent parts that are very problematic.  I would not use it
in cookware, many do though, I'm concerned about the odd pot left to
melt on the stove and pouring toxins into the air.  As to the powder
being toxic to people? not unless they burn the piano (plenty of
other toxins will come out then too) or have a "Lava-Boy" metabolism
well over 500 degree F.

Andrew Anderson