Things you would never say - -humorous

PIANOTECHNICIAN at aol.com PIANOTECHNICIAN at aol.com
Thu Feb 22 15:16:45 MST 2007

Some customers say the darndest things or ask loaded questions, and here  are
some responses I've thought of through the years that I avoid saying.   When
asked. "Could you really make a living from this?" I feel like saying, "No  --
I'm on welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, and Section 8." "Do you do this ALL
the time?" "Actually, no. I take out 5 minutes every day to eat, sleep, and go
to the bathroom." Is this your full time job?" "I do it only part time. My
real job is chief neurosurgeon at New York Hospital." "Is it a decent piano?"
"Actually, if it were as horse, I'd have to shoot it. It really needs only two
 things - -a gallon of gasoline and a cigarette lighter." "My children don't
need  a really good piano - -they're not professional pianists." "Well, if you
hold on  to this piano they'll SURELY NEVER BECOME professional  pianists."
"What do you have to do to become a piano tuner and technician?" "You have
to be musical, mechanical, and mentally ill, so that make me perfect for the
job!"

Jesse Gitnik
NYC
Since 1980