"Do you tune guitars, too?"

PIANOTECHNICIAN at aol.com PIANOTECHNICIAN at aol.com
Thu Feb 22 21:31:39 MST 2007

In my 27 years as a field technician, I've been asked to "tune the guitar"
many times--maybe a few dozen. I've also been asked if I fix violins! Being
that I used to play the guitar, I always agree to tune the kid's guitar,  but I
tell them beforehand that I'm not responsible for a string breaking.  I wonder
how many of my fellow technicians have thrown in a free guitar  tuning along
with the piano  tuning.

Jesse Gitnik
In it since 1980
http://www.aol.com.