applying teflon powder

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Thu Feb 22 21:19:59 MST 2007

As I understood it, the health concerns around our use micro-fine
Teflon were not related to burning it, but rather inhaling it.  The
danger with any extremely fine particles, measured in microns, is that
they are easily inhaled deeply into the alveoli.  These are the tiny
spheres in the lungs where gas exchange takes place.   It is difficult
for the body to expel anything that gets stuck down there.  The long
term effects of that are ????

Teflon itself may be inert at the temperatures we are talking about,
but I still wouldn't want to inhale it or anything else of a similar
particle size.  Perhaps taking precautions when working with some of
the materials we commonly use is more appropriate than a cavalier
attitude?

Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply
(250) 754-2440