Long term pitch drop, was: Type O

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Feb 22 22:40:03 MST 2007

> How do those glass-soundboard pianos hold up, pitch-wise?
>
> Alan Barnard

I don't have one to evaluate - but - soundboard rise and fall,
according to the admittedly crude calculations I'm capable of,
have very little to do with the observable pitch changes we
can easily enough measure in pianos, so if the bridges and pin
block are of a "standard" configuration, I wouldn't expect
them to be significantly more stable.

I have observed, and verified second hand from the keepers of
pianos I've done for others, that epoxy laminated veneer
bridge caps have a positive effect on both tuning stability
and false beat elimination.
Ron N