False beat terms in other languages

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Thu Feb 22 23:43:44 MST 2007

Hi

Paul, Ed or somebody asked a bit back what kind of terms were in use in
Europe.   Been to busy to react to that until now.  But the Norwegian
term, and I think this is in use in Germany and some other countries is
<<Self-swing>>.  Self-beating if you will.  Which probably makes a lot
more sense (as Paul points out) then false beat....because there really
is nothing false about it out side of the fact we are not suppose to pay
attention to it when tuning a unison.

Cheers
RicB