"Do you tune guitars, too?"

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Fri Feb 23 04:29:40 MST 2007

At 05:46 AM 2/23/2007 -0500, you wrote:
>When people ask what I plan to do when I retire (that'll be the
>day), I just tell them that I will become a guitar tuner <G>.
>
>Alan Eder

They tune guitars?

In 26 years as a college tech, I think I've had my hand in or on
almost every orch and band instrument, including repair and
regulation of a concert harp.  The general feeling seems to be that
my room is the music department tool crib.

My "favorite" however is when a music education prof got someone with
a master key to deposit three autoharps in my room.  One was almost
OK, but the other two each had some strings which were wound the
wrong way on the tuning pins. I left them that way. ;-}

Good example of a little knowledge being a dangerous thing.  You
could try telling your customers that you have little knowledge of
instruments other than pianos and don't know what evil may await you
in their decrepit little, er... ah... charming little
zither/dulcimer/autoharp/guitar/etc...

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.