Pitch drop on dropped piano

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Fri Feb 23 06:05:08 MST 2007

At 07:11 AM 2/23/2007 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Chuck,
>I suggest that you take the damper rod out and check for bent
>hangers. If you align them in a straight line, it should help with
>even damper lift from the pedal. Good luck!
>
>Respecfully,
>Jon

I saw a P22 which had a separated keybed as the result of a backfall.
The back beam of the ladder frame (where the action support studs
are) had moved toward the strings. This really wedged the action in
place and also changed the amount of lost motion (to none) by
changing where the capstans were hitting the wippen cloth.

Fun.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.