False beat eliminator

Jason Kanter jkanter at rollingball.com
Fri Feb 23 13:09:02 MST 2007

ANy mention of tapping or pounding strings down onto the bridge or near the
bridge pins is bound to generate one of three reactions: (1) silence; (2)
"read the archives"; or (3) a new upheaval of arguments about why that's a
bad thing (or not so bad) [bad because it mushes the clean termination
point; not so bad because the observer claims it to be so] and the
nanotechnology of the termination point, the tension/pressure dynamics on
the string, the bridge, the effect of adding mass here or there, yadda
yadda, and whether it is in fact even possible for the string to ride up the
bridge pins despite observers' claims that it happens. Until further
undisputable research is published, it is in my opinion worth staying clean
away from this as if it were a nest of vipers.

Jason

--
=cell 425 830 1561=