False beat eliminator

Gregor _ karlkaputt at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 23 12:28:40 MST 2007

>From: RicB

>Yes I have used it.  No I do not think it really works at all.  In fact I
>think this tool is more likely to exasperate a problem. You may get the
>feeling of some slight improvement for very short term on some notes, but
>IME the term is so short that by the time you finish a tuning if you go
>back and check the same string its just as wavery as it was to begin with.

I asked the other day on this list what a false beat eliminator is. I
understood that it´s a thing to hammer down (settle) the strings on the
bridge again. If so, why should that not work? I use a flat bar of brass for
it and it always works . Sometimes you can see how the string comes 1 mm
down to the bridge. Are we talking about the same thing?

Gregor