First Ecsaine Install

Paul Chick (Earthlink) tune4 at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 24 08:46:11 MST 2007

Subject: First Ecsaine Install

After finding a saw blade that fit the width of the kerf in the butt,
cleaning went easier.
In the photo, the butt on the left shows the first round of gluing.
The center butt shows the second round with a clamp for
securing the butt material; the catcher required no clamping
as the thinner material allowed the Bolduc glue to hold beautifully.
The butt on the right shows the trimmed catcher material.

It's not a difficult task but it sure is time consuming. By the time
I file the hammers on the oscillating drum sander and reinstall
the hammers, I figure I'll be into this operation for about 8 hours.
Jon Page

Beautiful work, Jon...clever clamping with the front rail punching!

Paul C