leaving our mark in the piano

David Nereson dnereson at 4dv.net
Sun Feb 25 12:19:19 MST 2007

 I still sign, but lightly, small, and in an inconspicuous spot,
either on the plate or the keys, and in pencil so it can be
erased.  It’s partly so that if the piano gets sold or
transferred to another owner, and I tune it again, I’ll see that
I have worked on the piano before, but mainly so that other
tuners will know when it was tuned last and if it was tuned to
A=440 or left flat for some reason.  Also sometimes the
customers want a record in the piano of when it was serviced.
Yes, I know about the PTG stickers, which eventually come loose
or get lost.
            Denver has gotten too much snow.
            --David Nereson, RPT