new Hamilton

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Mon Feb 26 11:37:11 MST 2007

8 - 10 paper punchings under the front rail felts shouldn't be a
problem.  That amount, and up to 12,  corresponds to NY Steinway specs,
at least on the recent D I worked on.  Funny, those Youro Peon piano
companies - you know: Grotrian, Schimmel and so on - seem to think you
shouldn't put more than 4 paper/cardstock punchings under the front
rail felts.  I think they are just being cheap.  A real luxury piano
has LOTS of paper and cardboard it it.  Too bad the dip is already so
shallow on the Hamilton, otherwise a person could add more paper!!

Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply
(250) 754-2440
info at pianofortesupply.com