muting

pianotune05 at comcast.net pianotune05 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 26 17:57:36 MST 2007

Thanks guys for the ideas.  I'll have to see what I have around the apartment. I bet the back of an old spiral notebook might work.  Sometimes I use a paps mute around that tigh t damper area and a strip on top.

I had an interesting comment about my tuning today.  I tuned a Yamaha g1 I believe. I had trouble reading it.  Someone other than who hired me ot tune it, it was a place of business, asked if I did anyvoicing.  Since they had an accent, I couldn't understnad what shemeant.  I said that I 'm seeking more training in that area since I enjoy this work so much.  She said that the piano sounded so much better that she thought I also voiced it as well as tuned it.  Isn't that cool!

Have a good one everyone!
Marshall