Wanted: Tuning hammer from Ford Piano Supply

David Smith smith1860 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 19:40:10 MST 2007

Hi Terry-  Thanks for responding.  It looks like a regular wood extension
lever, but the handle is a little bit thinner than on my yamaha and schaff
extendable.  Also, the the part that you twist to tighten it up is
a gold/yellowish color, but the head is silver.  I believe the one I'm
thinking of was made with both round and hexagonal steel shafts and I'm
especially interested in the round shaft, as it doesn't seem to have the
clacking problems that some extendables seem to develop.  A colleague of
mine has this hammer and I really like the balance of it, so I'm trying to
track one down.  Too bad Ford went out of business!  I can get a picture of
the hammer if you think you might have the one I'm looking for!   Thanks
again for your help and interest.    -- Dave