new Hamilton

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Feb 26 18:35:29 MST 2007

Yes, but I think the idea is when regulating from scratch, start by installing the thickest punchings. If you are going to have a total of .048" of paper punchings, maybe make it up with a .025, .015 .007 and a .001 (or a .005 and .003) rather than two .010, four .005, two .003 and a .002.

If you are touching up a piano and see two 0.10 - in most cases I would not bother replacing them with a 0.20, but perhaps if you saw three .010 and four 0.005, it may well be a good idea to replace with one 0.045 and a .005.

When regulating from scratch, I start with the thickest punchings and move up to the thinnest. I never have more than four or five punchings on the rail pins.

Terry Farrell