Stiff Damper Rail

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Mon Feb 26 19:41:20 MST 2007

I'm not I know exactly what you mean, but is there a dummy damper?  That is
just a damper lever (no damper) that has a strong spring, which I believe is
supposed to help with the return of the rod.  If there is one, perhaps
decreasing the tension of the spring might help.  Is it a coincidence that
I've seen a few of those springs so strong that there have been broken
damper rod hangers?

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois