strip muting with sheet metal

David Nereson dnereson at 4dv.net
Tue Feb 27 04:37:35 MST 2007

  -----Original Message-----
  From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
[mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org]On Behalf Of Owen Greyling
  Sent: Monday, February 26, 2007 6:13 AM
  To: 'Pianotech List'
  Subject: RE: strip muting with sheet metal

  Hi Marshall,

  I purchased two mirrors at the "dollar store" that are
intended for hanging in a child's school locker. They are
unbreakable, safe, and have a variety of uses. I use one of them
in a small wooden holder to enable watching let-off in the high
treble on a grand. I use them to inspect pinblock to flange fit,
for looking under plates with a flashlight, behind actions, etc.
To use for strip muting, simply push down the damper pedal to
lift the dampers clear, (adjust pedal if needed) and push strip
down and under the few dampers above the treble break that are
in the way.

  I often tell people " I bring my own coaster " if I'm brought
a cup of coffee, whip out my little mirror and protect they're
coffee table.

  Owen

  and protect "they are coffee table"?  [their!]