muting etc

pianotune05 at comcast.net pianotune05 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 27 21:47:27 MST 2007

I didn't see who wrote the post offering the encouragement about improving the tone,but I wanted to thank whomever wrote it.  I appreciate that being new etc.

As for muting, Thanks everyone for your ideas and help on mutig.  I'm going to try puttin g it with my fingers next time.  I use a screwdriver typically.  HOwever, I think using a single mute and tuning unisons as  I go works better.  Although I don't notice a time savings, at times the opposite.  I can actually hear the beats better on avarage.  I find with the strip mute that I get this weird reverb or bouncey sound echo perhaps in some pianos.

As for the piano, amerling or link yes, a p iece of junk I must say.  When I finished tuning it it sounded like an intune out of tune piano if that makes sense.  notes were in unisons were pretty good, but the tone aweful just aweful.  I think they need to allow me to take that piano back to Indiana so my brother inlaw can add that to his wood pile for next fire wood season :)
Marshall