repairing broken bass strings

Gregor _ karlkaputt at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 28 09:28:14 MST 2007

Jon,

thank you for your explanations. The ascii art came out, but it doesn´t help
much. But the photo helped. I tried that, but I was not very successfull.
After a few trials I established a conection. But on the way to that it
happened that the dead end of the splice loop came under the dead end of the
wire loop. I have to practice that before I come to the next step which is
to tighten that conection by pulling the ends.

What´s about the other technique, that reef knot? That´s what I saw in a
piano but I have no idea how to handle that. Seems to be very difficult.

Paul, what are you talking about in your explanation how to make a loop?
Never heard of Vise-Grip or LokJaw.

Gregor