mutes

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 16:55:26 MST 2007

It only takes me 1 to 1.5 minutes to strip mute a piano, sometimes 30 sec
longer on verticals since you have to get the mute behind the dampers. And
sometimes longer because of being tired or not focused.

Time-wise, you save a lot not having to move mutes around. Plus, if you
double strip, you can tune by whole tones moving up, then down a section
(tuning unisons, that is).

JF