Kawai Millennium Actions

piannaman at aol.com piannaman at aol.com
Tue Jan 2 07:57:51 MST 2007

David,

I've worked on quite a few of these and have not noticed the problems you've stated.  Perhaps I haven't hit the keys hard enough to have what you're describing occur.  I will check it out this week.

One thing I do notice on many Kawai uprights is that the checking distance is greater than the factory specs suggest they should be.  This HAS caused problems for me on occasion, especially in conjunction with minimal aftertouch.

The stainless steel pieces in the raised capstan portion of the key are weights.  My only question about them is why they are oriented vertically rather than horizontally.  It seems like they'll eventually shake themselves loose.

Dave Stahl

Dave Stahl Piano Service
650-224-3560
dstahlpiano at sbcglobal.net