fresh hot hide...

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Jan 5 05:23:45 MST 2007

That's my understanding - hot hide looses strength when cooled and then
reheated - or not fresh - same thing. Hide glue will get moldy real fast if
not refrigerated after initial use. So I guess I don't know whether it is
the hot/cold/hot process that makes it loose strength, or the time factor.
Either way however, the rumor is that it looses strength the second time
around. I have not experimented to determine whether that is true - it's
simply easy enough to mix up a fresh batch whenever I am concerned about
glue joint strength.

I love hot hide glue - amazing stuff! Like some, I was afraid of it before I
used it. Since my first use though, I find it is the only way to go for many
applications.

And this, coming from The Epoxy Man!

Terry Farrell