fresh hot hide...

ed miller edmiller3 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 4 21:42:48 MST 2007

I have often heard techs say that they use freshly made hot hide glue to put
on new hammers and other repairs, but use hot hide kept in the refridgerator
for repairs where less strength is needed.

I don't understand this.... does hot hide loose something if it is not
fresh, or when it goes from hot to cold and back to hot again. Can anyone
explain?

Thanks, Ed