ergonomics

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Jan 13 13:35:33 MST 2007

> Ron,
>
> Well, actually, I was just comparing it to handily parking in the driveway
> of a home and walking in the front door with stuff.  This week I did a big
> regulation, etc. job on a 22 year old C-7 (man, it goes!) and I loaded
> up my
> luggage rack with my brief case, two tool cases, a stool, a lamp and my key
> leveling stick.  The church building is handicap accessible, so all I
> had to
> do was roll up the ramp.  Of course, there was a second trip to the van for
> the LaRoy Edwards action caddy--what a wonderful investment.

Hi Barb,
My biggest "mileage" problem is with schools. There are
sometimes "visitor" spaces a mere hundred feet or so from the
door, but they are usually full of cars with parking stickers
that shouldn't be there in the first place, leaving the next
available spot at the far end of the lot - if there is an open
parking spot at all. I'm probably being unreasonable in
expecting an institution who hires a service people to come
and do some needed work, to supply a parking place reasonably
close to the building for them. It would be an interesting
experiment to see how far any of the administrative office
denizens could carry my tool case before their knuckles are
dragging (assuming they don't normally, of course).

> Hope you made it through with little or no ice.  Thankfully, we had just
> a little freezing rain, but there might be a second round tonight...

We're right at the Western edge of the action, and have missed
the freezing rain so far (but not all that much). That's the
good part. Got about an inch of accumulated sleet, with
intermittent snow, and about 4" more snow due tomorrow. South
and East of us look like they got hit a whole lot worse. I was
supposed to have gone out of town this morning to tune for a
local community concert deal, but they wisely decided to
postpone, so I got to sleep in to just about the time I'd have
otherwise been tuning unisons. Didn't pay as well, but it sure
was nice.

Ron N