Steinway Style II questions

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Wed Jan 17 09:22:19 MST 2007

Thanks Dale -
I learned of pitch standard just yesterday, from David at Steinway
Customer service.  I remember now that that had come up a while back
in another context.  You remind me though to take a look at the
existing wire scale to see what was done.

The modifications  I mentioned would be the sort that you, Del, Ron,
Terry Farrel and others have been exploring.  For example, since this
model used aggraffes all the way to the top, I wonder if, short of
redesigning the plate, you can get the necessary stiffness (and
mass?) to make the other changes worthwhile.  Likewise, short of such
efforts, I wonder what the limits of a more "traditional" approach would be.
Thanks again.

David Skolnik