Steinway question

BPpiano at aol.com BPpiano at aol.com
Thu Jan 18 18:03:46 MST 2007

Thanx, Patrick, I'll see if I can find that Phillips screwdriver you
mentioned.  While attending the first Steinway Academy Seminar a couple of  years
ago, one of their engineers told me they were aware of the problem and  were open
to suggestions.  I'm thinking of a stamped metal tool similar to  the
punching lifter (tweezer) seen in Schaff catalogues.  The bottom  slotted to fit the
screw and the top with an indentation for the screw head  that would have
ridges to fit into the phillips head slots.

I haven't worked with metal, but shouldn't at tool be able to stamped  like
that?
I'll email this to the Steinway engineers to see if they think it might  work.

Bruce P