agraffe previewer

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Jan 20 10:47:32 MST 2007

> Using a cordless screwdriver with the clutch set on a low torque setting
> would have to be worth giving a go.

It might at that.

>Our agraffe tool has a small T bar
> which can be pulled out, making it reasonably easy to spin the agraffes
> in by hand, but the cordless might be quicker.

Here's a shot of mine. Homemade, typically, quick and dirty.
Had I remembered to pay attention to the orientation of the
slot to the drive flats, It might have even squared up with
the handle. So far, it hasn't been worth the trouble for me to
fix it.

I spin one in, and if I don't like the alignment, spin it out
and move it to the next hole until I either run out of holes,
or get a fit. Then grab the next agraffe and repeat. It
typically takes about an hour to clean the old holes out with
a tap (power screwdriver often works here), and install the
new ones.

Ron N