Hamburg Steinway sostenuto (-not)

Calin Tantareanu calin1000 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 15:59:29 MST 2007

Yes it was usual at the time not to have sostenuto pedals in home pianos. It
was an optional item, usually installed in large and concert grands.
I think European manufacturers started building pianos with sostenuto pedals
as a standard feature only late after WW2.
Calin Tantareanu
http://calin.haos.ro <http://calin.haos.ro/>

  _____