Damp chaser

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 24 13:39:17 MST 2007

It seems to me and I have yet to install a dampp chaser system, that during wetter times you can ignore the bucket and start filling it when it is of use.   Is this common practice?   I imagine you can disconnect the humidifier side temporarily?   The reason I'm talking about this is my university work here in on the Pennisula in Calfifornia (Bay Area).   We have, as usual,  had a dry spell this Winter of about 30%RH, down from 50% to 60% or more in the Summer...I'm kind of guessing on the high.   I am now checking temperature and humidity at every service.   Pitch has dropped 8 cents or more...I'm thinking just the heater bars and humidistat would at least keep the pianos at least in the 42% range and it would be less of a fall...?   What do you think?

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044