CA glue applicator

Robin Stevens pianoman at westnet.com.au
Wed Jan 24 15:55:53 MST 2007

I have found the below applicator works well. In OZ we buy CA glue as a
Loctite product 406 or 401. Both of those glues seem to be the same to me.
The advantage of using the original glue bottle bypasses the need to
transfer the glue to another container. The needle is from a store that
sells all animal feed and animal care products. The needle is 40 mm long and
cost fifteen cents each. I normally buy 10 at a time.
Another thing I have found that works very well is a desk top fan placed on
the pins about a foot to my left side to blow the fumes away. I found that
my eyes started to water after half and hour before putting the fan on top
of the pins to my left. I normally use about 4-6 ozs with two passes.
Last week I did a Chinese Pearl River 1960 vintage with a untunable pin
block, but when I stood the piano up the pins were quite tight and nice to
tune.

Robin Stevens ARPT
South Australia