Cleaning epoxy off soundboard joint --- was glues

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Thu Jan 25 18:35:00 MST 2007

In case anybody wants to know, Finished up the Toxic epoxy  waste dump today:
 I used every grinding device in the  shop.  I  finally got the most of it
with my Makita 1 1/4 inch belt sander...wonderful  tool.   It didn't muck it up
or washboard it.  The edges &  notches I got with a die grinder & small router
cutting bit held and  operated with sugical precision.  ..ummmm..Uh
huh....right

  Believe it or not that part took about 45 minutes max  & the girls finished
up the notches.  Epoxy is really TOUGH  stuff.  It's like steel.  Oh and the
really special part is the  bridges got the same epoxy treatment. along with
..,.you guessed it ...the bridge caps.  Epoxy madness. Whew , now I can go to
work
  Dale

Dale Erwin--Piano Restorations
4721 Parker  rd