new bluthner bridge

Richard Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Sun Jan 28 07:23:56 MST 2007

Hi Terry

Sorry bout the cloudy pic. I took that with my cell phone. Better pics tomorrow. We ended up with hard rock maple. Putting the three pieces together was just a matter of finding the angle between the pieces setting up a jig to hold them at that angle (one side turned up/down) and planeing them too the desired joining angle. We needed two widths for the center piece but the other two matched the origional curve nicely.

The new bridge copies the original footprint exactly, but the top will be notched soas to lengthen part of the scale and the  bridge as awhole will be positioned about 3 mm farther aft to lfit the scale design.

More later
Cheers
RicB