weird string

Tom Sivak tvaktvak at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 28 14:32:29 MST 2007

Boy, that sounds like the same thing.  I won't be going back to that piano for a couple of months, but when I go back I have a couple of things to look at.

  Thanks to all, I'll keep you all posted if/when I find the problem,
  Tom Sivak

Ron Nossaman <rnossaman at cox.net> wrote:

I used to find something similar to this in Baldwins, though
the dialect might have been a little different. In that case,
it was mislocated bridge pins. The strings were only touching
one pin. Plucked, it sounded harmless. Whack it with a hammer
and it whanged! If that's not it specifically, I'd still
suspect the bridge.

Or just mute the string and walk away smiling.

Ron N