rookie question; Setting bLow distance

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Sun Jan 28 13:34:11 MST 2007

Greetings,

       Reading Reblitz's book, his step #8 to reguating a vertical states to
shim up the hammer rest rail to the correct blow distance. My question is, if
this is done then arent you tampering with/advancing the stroke and infringing
upon the room/space in which the parts need to cycle? Seems to me, if a piano
is an old upright, wouldnt it be wise to first at least replace the felt
front and balance rail punchings, before you go ahead and set the stroKe??

Julia Gottshall
Reading, PA