Kimball Consolette keytop problem

Gregor _ karlkaputt at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 29 02:27:36 MST 2007

>From: "Alan R. Barnard"
>
>Well, okay. I charge $150 for new, plastic, one piece whites, extra for
>sharps. Takes me a couple of hours in shop and maybe another half to one
>hour trimming and fitting in the field.

Perhaps I do something wrong, but I am astonished about the low price. The
replace job takes me at least 8 hours including trimming with a file.
Sometimes adequate keytops (length) are not available, so I have to shorten
the keys with a bandsaw which takes additional time. Is that an usual amount
of time or am I really so slow?

Gregor