Wurlitzer Grand Action Bracket Issue

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 29 18:26:49 MST 2007

As I stated in my original post, I did raise the glide bolts. No luck.
I also checked to see if I could get the hammer flange screws out by
reaching between the strings. No luck there, either. Now, what would
be the best way to cut the bracket? Any ideas from anyone?
Thanks.
Ray,
My preference would be to loosen the key bed and jack it down a bit to get the screws to just pass. Then remove the jack and screw the keybed screws back tight. Once the action is out, then you can get a closer look at the bracket and see if it really is "growing", or.... did some knot-head, at the factory grab the wrong bracket. (they do have two sizes in the same years.)
Regards,

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police
Squares R I