Very interesting question--

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Tue Jan 30 09:26:59 MST 2007

I had one that I did a few years ago, it was over 300c down in pitch, not even, flat. Actually, it might even have been more than that. The first of the pitch raises, some notes had to be taken up over 200c.
I asked the guy, when it was last tuned, and he told me, that it had never been tuned, and he remembered when it was delivered, in 1929.
I brought it up, 1 semi-tone at a time, then a fine tune. No strings broke, and he hasn't called me since, even although, I told him, we were on catch up, and it would take a few tunings for it to stabilize.
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca