Calculating Strike Point...

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 30 12:19:06 MST 2007

Ric said: "I think I'm going to end up with about a 4 mm length increase in the
highest notes. Even with puresound its hard to get anything that looks
even remotely reasonable with a shorter length on my spreadsheet.
Inharmonicity is way off the chart as is... and its really uneven."

Ric,
Try not to get too hung up on the "inharmonicity"! IMO, that's where a lot of "scalers" go wrong. (Flack Suit tightly zipped!<G>) The fact that you are using Pure Sound complicates the issues, IMO. Because, it will provide a lower tension is opposite of what I would want in the upper treble. I seem to recall that this is a Bechstein. If that is the case, you have ZERO wiggle room between the hammers and the belly rail, even at the olde scale perameters. Caution should be the key, here.<G>
Regards,

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police
Squares R I