High overtone

Paul Chick (Earthlink) tune4 at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 8 16:06:18 MDT 2007

Yes. Both strings produce the overtone with the same intensity.  Yes.  It
stops immediately when the damper comes to rest on the strings.  After
looking at this piano and its quirky high pitched overtone, I've listened
carefully to about 5 other grands of this size from new to 40+ years old.
The high overtone can be heard in all of them, but it is subtle and cannot
be made to "sing out" as it does on the new Kawai RX-2

Paul C

Subject: Re: High overtone

Do both strings of the unison produce the overtone, and does the overtone
stop when the key is released?

Mark Wisner