Bechstein sound unchanged?

david at piano.plus.com david at piano.plus.com
Tue Jun 12 06:33:28 MDT 2007

Terry, interesting point.

I have to go  back to the theatre on Friday monring first thing to tune
the Steinway, so I will  try to get into Room 6 where the Bechstein is and
check out the bridges and take some pics.  Somehow I doubt there is a
separate transition bridge for that subsection.  Am impatient to find out
now!

I will also have a good extra listen to the sound at the angle change and
across the break.

Best wishes,

David.

Interesting. I was looking at the first picture and noticing the front (top)
speaking length termination line. It has a very abrupt angle change about
four notes treble of the bass/tenor break. Got a picture of the long bridge?
Seems to me even an extreme hockey-stick-shaped long bridge would not
account for such a sharp angle. Does this piano have a transition bridge
where the last several notes before the bass bridge are on a separate
bridge?

Terry Farrell