Steam treating hard hammers

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Tue Jun 12 09:47:33 MDT 2007

Wayne, Dale, List:

I can relate to this, too.  In my protected life I've just had one piano that wouldn't "obey" me.  :-)  It was a big Seiler grand that wouldn't hold the voicing, (and it had a front duplex problem, too).  Believe me, I was <very aggressive> in voicing (no Mrs. Nice Guy here), pulling out the stops on every trick I knew.  Everything worked for a while--some months.  It's one thing to touch up voicing every three months on this piano, but having to do a lot each time got very old. I was frustrated and the customer was frustrated.  New hammers (and some other stuff) did the trick.  Now it's the usual tuning, check the voicing & regulation gig.

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, IL