Client Care and Spinnet Dampers: HELP!

Arbeau Piano ArbeauPiano at comcast.net
Tue Jun 12 21:41:11 MDT 2007

I would hope that it isn't he plate bar but this is not uncommon. Check the tightness on the action brackets.

Another simple check ..... sometimes it maybe that the piano is significantly flat of pitch enough that the strings themselves are not settling into the dampers. I've come up to pianos that the dampers were traveling to the strings the pressure was sufficient it would seem, the piano was "in tune with itself"(I hate that notion!), ....but when you measured pitch it was flat. By simply raising pitch the tension into the dampers FIXED itself. Sometimes it's not rocket science!

God Bless you Kid... we've all had those days that make us question why we've wanted to be a piano tech????11
Jerry Arbeau