High overtone

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Wed Jun 13 07:57:18 MDT 2007

Hi all,
As I understand it, if you change the pitch ie one half step lower and the
problem diminishes. It can be long mode vibration.
Secondly, the longitudinal mode overtone is a pitch that comes at the 16,
17, 18 or19 partial.
If this is what you have call James A for a new string based on the info
from its neighboring strings.
He's way into solving this type of problem.
My guess: if the partial ringing is lower than the 6 partial it is a
misplaced or damaged damper or core wire.
Or like others have mentioned waste end ringing through.
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr at srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com