glue strength

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Jun 13 07:59:10 MDT 2007

Something else to consider - if the glue joint is stronger than the wood
itself, from a practical standpoint, how much stronger is Titebond III than
hot hide?

Not often do I choose an adhesive based on it strength. More often the
choice is made on characteristics such as gap filling properties, set-up
time, clean-up ease, color, viscosity, etc.

Most good quality adhesives, when used properly, are more than adequately
strong for most applications.

Terry Farrell