Keep on filing...

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Wed Jun 20 05:18:11 MDT 2007

Danilo:

If the repetition lever spring can not be regulated to function properly it sounds to me like the pinning is too loose.  The repetition lever should have 8 - 10 grams friction.  Then the spring can be regulated strongly enough without the big jump of the hammer.  If this is the case, even new hammers won't cure that problem.  Re-pin the repetition lever and I think you'll be able to regulate it.

dp

David M. Porritt

dporritt at smu.edu