Rep Lever friction was RE: Keep on filing...(picture attached)

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri Jun 22 15:17:37 MDT 2007

As stated... first off... perhaps you dont want want the same hammer
rise speed... second off... if you are changing this pin, its likely you
are looking at the other relevant pins... which changes the playing
field.. entirely. Third... the moment addressed in my post was simply
the claim that increasing friction in the rep lever center tended (in
itself as I read the post I was replying to) force more of springs
effect to the key.  It doesnt.

Of course  if you want to keep the hammer speed the same after repinning
you need to adjust tension.... We are not idiots conversing with each
other here.  Just how much of a change in hammer rise there is for any
given change in rep lever friction leaving spring tension the same is
another question... and at its a point that is of relevant interest.

Cheers
RicB

    If you want the same speed of hammer rise you certainly do.

    David Love

        It is not given that you need to change the tension of the
        spring whenyou change pinning resistance.

        RicB